Monterey Park City Council Voices Support for State and Federal Gun Legislation
On March 1, 2023, the Monterey Park City Council adopted Resolution 2023-R15, endorsing several federal and state bills that, if enacted, would help reduce the likelihood that other communities will suffer the same tragedy as Monterey Park on January 21, 2023.
That Resolution was shared with our elected leaders in Congress and the California Legislature. Additionally, the City Council urged those leaders (Letter PDF) that they take all action necessary to reduce the opportunity for another person to use a firearm to commit mass murder.
Want to do your part?
- Contact Senator Dianne Feinstein at 310-914-7300 www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/e-mail-me and express your support for S14 and S25.
- Also show your support for SB 241; AB 28; and AB 732 by registering here: calegislation.lc.ca.gov/Advocates/faces/index.xhtml and submitting your support.
Let us all join together and show our commitment against gun violence.
California Housing Bills Opposed
The Monterey Park City Council opposes the following pending housing legislation before the California legislature affecting the city's ability to regulate land use:
- Housing legislation opposition letter to Calif. Assembly and Senate dated July 30, 2019 (PDF).
- SB-330 (Skinner)-Housing Crisis Act of 2019.
- AB-1279 (Bloom)-Planning and zoning: housing development: high-resource areas.
- AB-1763 (Chiu)-Planning and zoning: density bonuses: affordable housing.
- AB-68 (Ting)-Land use: accessory dwelling units.
- AB-881 (Bloom)-Accessory dwelling units.