March 3, 2020 General Municipal Election
The City of Monterey Park will conduct its General Municipal Election on Tuesday, March 3, 2020. The General Election is consolidated with the Los Angeles County Primary Election.
Registered voters will cast ballots in their respective district for a City Council position in District 2, 3, and 4, to serve a four-year term ending in March 2024; and all registered voters will cast ballots for any ballot measures.
- November 12, 2019 through December 6, 2019 – Nomination Period
- February 3 through February 25, 2020 – Voters may request for vote by mail ballots.
- February 18, 2020 – Last day to register to vote. Voter registration forms are available in the City Clerk's office.
- February 22, 2020 – Vote Centers open for early voting.
- March 3, 2020 – Vote Centers are open on Election Day from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
For additional information, please click on the links below:
- Notice of Election for Public Office (PDF)
- Notice of Nominees for Public Office (PDF)
- Notice of Ballot Measures (PDF)
- Measure XX – General Tax Proposition
- Measure XX – Advisory Sales Tax Proposition
- Measure XX – Land Use Element Proposition
- Application for "Vote by Mail" Ballot (PDF)
- List of Vote Centers, visit LA Vote.
- Visit the “Find My Election Information page” for election information specific to you
To request additional information or election materials in a different languages, contact the Monterey Park City Clerk's office at (626) 307-1359. For voter information guide, voting locations, voter registration or additional election information, contact the Los Angeles County Registrar Recorder's office at (800) 815-2666.