Water and Sewer Rate Study Information
- Watch Utility Rate Study video presented to City Council on September 26, 2023.
- Water and Sewer Utility Rate Study PowerPoint Slide presentation (PDF).
- Water and Sewer Utility Rate Study (PDF) for proposed rates effective January 1, 2024.
Billing and Payment Options
The city offers several ways to pay the bimonthly water and trash utility bill:
- View water bills and schedule a payment
- By automatic withdrawal from a bank account using our free "Easy Pay" service.
- Via a single online or phone payment. To make a free online payment please visit our online bill payment system (external link) or call the automated service at 855-288-1490. Credit/Debit card or electronic check payments are accepted 24 hours a day and credited to accounts on the next two business day.
- Dropbox at city hall west entrance for after-hours deposits. Box is opened on business days. Please bring your own envelope.
- Via a traditional check-in-the-mail using instructions included with the bill.
- With the city hall cashier during business hours.
Utility Bill Assistance
Monterey Park residents may qualify for the following assistance programs.
- Monterey Park water and trash customers who are unable to pay a past due balance may contact MPK water billing to discuss alternative payment arrangements at 626-307-1342.
- Water bill assistance: Monterey Park Water Lifeline Discount Program, to apply click on the following link: Application for Water Lifeline Discount (low income)(PDF)
- Water bill assistance: Calif. Department of Community Services and Development Low Income Household Water Assistance Program: https://www.csd.ca.gov/lihwap.
- Gas bill assistance: for SoCalGas Utility Assistance Program info, please contact Chinatown Service center at 626-293-8733 or one of the other non-profit organizations on the SoCalGas website.
- Water Rates
- Refuse Rates
- Sewer Rates
- SB998 Discontinuation of Residential Water Service for Non-payment (English) (Spanish) (Chinese) (Vietnamese) (Korean) (Tagalog)
Forms & Links
- Free Easy Pay (PDF) automatic account debit enrollment form and information.
- Trash Service Change Form (PDF)
- Application for Water Lifeline Discount (low income)
- Free Trash Roll Out Service Application (PDF)