Picnic Shelter Reservations
Picnic facilities are available for rent between the hours of 8:00 am to 10:00 pm, 7 days a week. Reservations are accepted up to (90) days in advance. Facilities are rented on an as-is basis. The City of Monterey Park does not provide clean up or preparation for your group’s function.
- Application for Picnic Shelter Reservation. Fees are $110.00 (Resident) and $130.00 (Non-Resident) per shelter. This is a fee and not a deposit or refundable.
- Use permit will become valid when payment of all fees is made at the Recreation and Community Services Department.
- Notice of Cancellation is required at least 72 hours prior to reservation date. Thirty (30) percent of the reservation fee will be retained on all cancellations. If a picnic area is made unavailable due to rain, cancellation by city or damage to facility, an alternate date may be selected by user beyond 90 day notice.
- Permits may be revoked if there is a conflict with department use. The department will attempt to give timely notice of such conflict. Permits can be revoked and/or denied in the future if there is any abuse of the privilege of using a City building, facility, equipment or violation of the Monterey Park Municipal Code. City personnel are entitled to enter any facility at any time.
- Other areas of park (non-sheltered picnic areas, grass, playgrounds) are only available on a first-come, first-serve basis. These groups must abide by the posted rules of the park and may not rope off areas to be reserved.
- Activities for minors must be supervised by responsible adults on the ration of one adult per ten minors.
- Bouncers, jumpers, dunk tanks, animal rides or any other rides are not allowed.
- Additional canopies (no larger than 100sq ft), tables, chairs and barbecue grills are allowed.
- Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited in all city facilities and parks.
- Electrical outlets are provided at most shelters. However, power may not always be available.
- Amplification of sound is not allowed. Radios are permitted. Sound should not exceed levels that may disrupt other park users.
- To inquire about picnic reservations please contact the Recreation and Community Services Department at 626-307-1388.