Lunar New Year Festival (2022 Event Cancelled)
The City of Monterey Park, World Journal and BIDAC regret to confirm the cancellation of the 2022 Lunar New Year Festival. We wish everyone good health, prosperity and a Happy Lunar New Year!
January 2022, Downtown Monterey Park
The City of Monterey Park, event producer World Journal and all our food vendors, entertainers and merchants invite you to celebrate the arrival of the Year of the Tiger in Monterey Park.
- Saturday, January 22, 2022, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Sunday, January 23, 2022, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Free admission
- Entertainment, food, family activities and vendors
- Downtown Monterey Park on Garvey Avenue between Garfield and Alhambra Avenues.
- Additional info, schedules and maps at lunarnewyears.com.
Monterey Park’s Lunar New Year festival features vendors offering unique gifts and specialty items, food booths with various types of delectable items, amusement rides, and lots of live entertainment. The traditional New Year lion and dragon dancers will kick-off the festival Saturday morning. Various types of entertainment will be featured on both days. A large carnival fun zone will be featured in parking lots at the corner of Garvey and Lincoln Avenues.
Past Lunar New Year events in Monterey Park have drawn crowds estimated at 50,000 to 100,000 visitors coming from all over the Southern California area. Plan on attending now for a full weekend of fun, entertainment, shopping and dining. The event is presented by the City of Monterey Park, the Monterey Park Downtown Business Improvement District Advisory Committee, and World Journal LA, LLC.
For more information on how to become a sponsor view the sponsor document (PDF) or contact:
World Journal LA, LLC
1588 Corporate Center Drive
Monterey Park, CA 91754
Email World Journal
Phone: 323-268-4982 ext. 270
- Mark Keppel High School, 501 E. Hellman Ave., Alhambra, CA 91801. Drop off at 7-Eleven lot on Alhambra Ave.
- Repetto Elementary School, 650 Grandridge Ave., Monterey Park, CA 91754. Drop off at Lincoln Hotel parking lot behind hotel on Garfield Ave. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Ynez Elementary School, 120 S. Ynez Ave., Monterey Park, CA 91754. No shuttle, free parking only. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Lunar New Year street closures
- East Garvey Avenue between Garfield and Alhambra Avenues will be closed from approximately 6 p.m. on Friday, January 21 until approximately 4 a.m. on Monday, January 24.
- Surrounding streets such as Baltimore, Lincoln, Russell, Nicholson, Everett and Edgley will also be closed.
- Garfield Avenue will remain open for north/south traffic
- MPK Spirit and Metro buses will be detoured. However, the MPK Spirit transfer point at Ramona and Newmark will not be affected (detour notice and map coming soon). For Metro info, please visit their service advisories page.
- View street closure map (coming soon)