July 5, 2021
Independence Day Holiday (Observed)-City Hall Closed
Monday, July 5, 2021
Monterey Park City Hall, library and senior center will be closed in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
We regret that the annual Fourth of July fireworks and entertainment event
has been canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Monterey Park Fire Department would like to remind the community that ...
The City has “Zero Tolerance” toward the use or possession of illegal fireworks:
To report illegal firework activity, please call the Police Department non-emergency number at 626-573-1311.
- Fines start at $2,000 to $5,000 (MPMC Chapter 5.48 - Fireworks);
- Property owners can be held responsible if illegal fireworks are used on their property or if illegal fireworks are in the possession of others;
- Use of fireworks is prohibited in all City parks;
- Possession of any fireworks by anyone under the age of eighteen (18) is prohibited;
- The discharge of “safe and sane” fireworks must be in the presence of a responsible adult; and
- The discharge of “Safe and Sane” fireworks is permitted only on July 4th, from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Discharge of fireworks before or after this period is prohibited and subject to the issuance of a City citation.