July 4, 2021
Fourth of July Fireworks and Entertainment (Canceled)
Sunday, July 4, 2021
While our usual fireworks event has been canceled due to COVID-19, please join us for an alternate activity such as the patriotic home decorating photo album.
The Recreation and Community Services Department regrets that our annual July 4th event with fireworks and entertainment at Barnes Park has been canceled due to conditions and circumstances related to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic.
We wish you a happy and safe holiday and look forward to seeing you next year.
Information about our virtual events such as the patriotic home decorations photo album
The Monterey Park Fire Department would like to remind our community that ...
The City has “Zero Tolerance” toward the use or possession of illegal fireworks:
To report illegal firework activity, please call the Police Department non-emergency number at 626-573-1311.
- Fines start at $2,000 to $5,000 (MPMC Chapter 5.48 - Fireworks);
- Property owners can be held responsible if illegal fireworks are used on their property or if illegal fireworks are in the possession of others;
- Use of fireworks is prohibited in all City parks;
- Possession of any fireworks by anyone under the age of eighteen (18) is prohibited;
- The discharge of “safe and sane” fireworks must be in the presence of a responsible adult; and
- The discharge of “Safe and Sane” fireworks is permitted only on July 4th, from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Discharge of fireworks before or after this period is prohibited and subject to the issuance of a City citation.