Elected: 2013 (First term of office under Ordinance No. 2096).
Re-elected: 2017, Second Term
Currently serves on the following committees and boards as a city representative:
- Board of Education/City Council Joint Use Committee (Alhambra School District)
- Independent Cities Association
- Sister City Commission
Hans Liang serves as a Deputy Probation Officer for the LA County Probation Department. Throughout his career, Hans has worked with many at-risk-youth from various communities in the county and has always been a strong advocate for youth programs. Serving as a board member for the Asian Youth Center (AYC), Hans has conducted numerous training for staff as well as parents on topics such as gang awareness, communication skills, adolescent development, and research based interventions. In addition Hans set up AYC's first digital music production studio where youth in the community can learn about music production and have the opportunity to produce their own songs.
- Graduated from UC Irvine with a BA in Sociology and minor is Psychology in 1991
- Graduated from USC Delinquency Control Institute program in 2006
- President of the LA County Asian Pacific Probation Association
- First Vice President of American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) Local 685 – LA County Deputy Probation Officers Union.
- Two Term past President of the Eastside Optimist Club of Monterey Park.
- Served as Commissioner for Monterey Park Recreation and Parks Commission from 2010 – 2011
- Served as Commissioner for Monterey Park Planning Commission from 2011 - 2013
- Board member for the Asian Youth Center (AYC) of San Gabriel Valley and developed their first digital music studio/program
- Conducts community training for parents on adolescent development and communication skills.
- Conducts training for community based organizations focusing on counseling, communication skills, and evidence based practices
Hans continues to work with schools and youth in the community and he and his wife Lani are looking forward to a long, bright future here in the great city of Monterey Park.